2008年12月29日 星期一

My 22nd B-day (29 Dec 08)

My true self visited me on my birthday, and I was told to do what I wanted to do on my own.

The first thing I wanted to do was to walk around York. I started at 10. It was cloudy and I worried if it would rain. Fortunately, it didn't. I walked along River Ouse, from Fishergate. It was so lovely to the waterbirds. They were so cute and lovely. On the way, I met Helen, walking her dog. She was appreciating the shapes, leaves and seeds of the trees. She told me that she would start an art project about trees and she wanted her students to identify different characteristics of each tree. She taught me about different trees, like ash, sycamore, maple, lime, hawthorn, weep willow, black poplar, lombardy poplar and alder. She broke a branch of an alder for me. I regarded it to be my first birthday present. I liked it. I gave a incence tree bookmark to her. I thought she liked it too. We separated at the last bridge. I kept going upstream.

I passed by a chapel and met some woodland birds. I couldn't reach Linton Lock, as it was too far. I stopped at Rawcliffe Bar bus terminal and returned. I found the way out by following bus no. 2. I was astonished by he houses I passed by. They were as gorgeous as those in Wollongong. They had big gardens. I loved them. I really wanted to be rich enough to buy one!

Then, I shopped at the town. I bought a tote bag. I felt so happy.

I made a big dinner and I was successful to make my first birthday cake.

沒有留言: