2008年12月15日 星期一

Christmas Snacks (14 Dec 08)

I went to a Christmas snacks party with John, Jake and Jasmine. The party was held at Sally's house in Clifton. I was very surprised with the interesting British food and beverage in the kitchen, which was beautifully decorated with candles. I tried almost every food, an egg drink and mulled wine. They were all nice but most of them were too sweet for me.

Another thing I was very happy with was that I met new people in the party. Many people thought I was Jake's friend, probably because of our similar ages, but actually I knew John, who is much older, before Jake. I talked to Shirley, who is from Hong Kong and is John's Cantonese teacher. I think Shirley's Cantonese is a bit different from mine, in terms of pronunciation and choice of word. I also talked to her husband, who loves traveling. I enjoyed the chat with Mike very much. He shared a lot about martial arts. He is really into Wing Chun and an expert of it. He told me about the importance of the concept of body connection in Wing Chun and a joke, which encouraged me to always question what I've learnt.

John, thank you so much for bringing me to the party. I was very happy that I could have a party with English people at an English home.

沒有留言: