2009年6月6日 星期六

(12 Oct 08)

I saw officers of different nationalities at Heathrow Airport. I felt that the UK is an international country, just like Australia. It is a shame that HK always claims herself to be international, but most citizens are Cantonese. I met a Hongkonger there too. We were on the same flight to Manchester. He was so kind that he let me sit by the window to see the view outside, which was gorgeous.

I met 2 York students from HK at Manchester Airport. We took the train and taxi together. A British lady I met at the train station made me feel that UK people might not be as nice as Australians.

On the train, the two Hongkongers told me a lot about York. To my surprise, Vincent knows Carmen, who told him about me. The world is really small.

Senior students at the Reception seemed to be nice, but I felt that I couldn’t get into their culture. This is my intuition, which is always accurate. I was told that I had been led to a wrong room after unpacking and cleaning up almost everything. I felt that I had been fooled. I found that I couldn’t understand the native speakers. I was shocked. I asked myself why my English suddenly became so bad. I just hadn’t had lectures for 4 months.

Olidia was so kind that she went to Morrisons with me. I cried while shopping. A guy I met at the pantry reaffirmed my presumption that UK people were not as nice as Australians. I really didn’t like to stay here.

I cried many times. I really wanted to leave the place and go back home. The first person I thought of was my home stay mum. She just treated me so nice during my stay but I took it for granted. I felt shameful and sorry. I missed my mum and dad too.

At night after shower, I went for a walk to relax myself. I came across an injured pigeon, but I could do nothing but leave. I saw many empty beer bottles and cans in the corridor, which was not likable.

I wrote to my home stay mum. At midnight, Augustine phoned my mum for me. Thanks so much!

沒有留言: