2009年6月6日 星期六

(30 Oct 08)

It was my first day to volunteer in the UK. I did different practical work with some other men. In the morning, we made sticks with one end sharp and cleaned the paths. A boy showed me drugs and a needle he found while cleaning the paths. A man told me that drug users always take drugs in the bushes. I was shocked. In the afternoon, we picked the rubbish and moved heaps of twigs to the compost area. While picking the rubbish in the bushes, we found a luggage and some clothes. Obviously, someone lived there but he left. It was unbelivable for me... We saw some lovely winter robins around us. They were not afraid of us. They seemed to cheer us up. We also saw a colorful pheasant too.

I was happy to meet those people, although I didn't quite understand their English. They were willing to chat with me though. A smart man told be much about the UK and taught me English words. I hope I can meet them again.

I gave my neighbor my daffodil.

沒有留言: